Dashboard development is back in full swing. It feels great to be back! (We were sidetracked by the annual research expenditures and the conflict of interest processes.) Here's what we have queued up for this summer and early fall.
- Bug Fixes:
We just finished a bug fix release. All the details are posted at http://guide.pidash.cornell.edu/roadmap-blog/2016/4/22/4242016-release. We'll be addressing the missing transfer-in transactions shortly.
An editable notes field will be added to all the details panels. You or anyone who can act as you can enter and read notes you (or they) enter on projects, transactions, accounts and anything else we have a details panel for. Your notes are YOUR notes, they are not shared with other investigators, just with other people who can act as you.
We've learned a lot since we released in December and we want to fix a few things we got wrong.
- We'll make it easy to see the account numbers for a project and we'll replace the OSP numbers on the finances page with the primary account number.
- We'll add transfer in transactions so you can see your F&A return and so forth.
- Make it clear the "Current Balance" doesn't include encumbrances.
- Add a current balance minus F&A column and a budget end date column. (We're still working on getting the titles right.)
- Maybe some other things....
We'll add a whole new page that shows your entire research team and how they are funded and their funding end date. Our goal is that you should have a sense of your research team's status at a quick glance. You'll be able to drill into more detail on each person. See below for some prototypes.
- Monthly Research Status Email:
There is no reason you should have to go to the PI Dashboard to see your research projects' status, we'll deliver to you! We'll send you a monthly email that shows you the high level summaries and visualizations you see on the Finances, Personnel, and Transactions page. If you see something worthy of more exploration, you can drill into the dashboard directly from the email.
Have concerns or suggestions, please don't be shy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!