The PI Dashboard first release was December 3, 2015. Since then we have added new features, while maintaining a firm focus on ease of use. We would like to thank our faculty advisors for helping us to define and prioritize features!
- Much more detail about people is available either on the new Personnel page or through the Finances pages for projects or accounts.
- See who is funded by a project on the Personnel page.
- Sort by project to scan quickly for information.
- Filter the page to focus on particular people, projects, or accounts.
- Answer other common questions about personnel.
- See how a person is funded, for example their effort allocation across multiple projects.
- See the amount a person was paid on a project to-date, since July 1, or in the prior month.
- Notes are only available on Transactions now.
- Earlier, we added a Notes feature to every row in the Dashboard. We looked at the data for the feature and discovered that Notes were not being used. We've removed the Notes everywhere except the Transactions rows. These notes are shared with people who can "act as” you. This means your research administrators will see these notes, but a collaborator on one of your projects will not see them.
Roadmap for Future Releases
|Features||Estimated Release Date|
|Research Project Status Email sent monthly — Monthly email to all PIs containing a summary of their project financials, research personnel, and the months transactions. Includes links to the PI Dashboard for more detail||Q2 2017|
|Financial projections: personnel — Allow Research Administrators (RA) to enter anticipated labor (staff, GRA, etc.) expenses; incorporates projections in financial reports; allow PIs and RAs to review balances including the impact of upcoming costs not yet recorded in a central system.||Q3 2017|
|Replace the RA Dashboards — Replace the RA Dashboards by adding functionality to the PI Dashboards||Q1 2018|
|Online Effort Certification — Allow PIs to complete Effort Certification online; Staff will be able to track status and complete pre-review using the PI Dashboard.||TBD|
|Financial What-If Scenario Tool — Allow PIs to test impact of various spending options and forward final decision to RAs to review and implement||TBD|
|Send projections to Kuali accounting reports and revised labor distributions to Workday — Send labor distribution changes automatically to Workday. Add projection data to the accounting, and subsequently, RA Dashboards.||TBD|
|Protocols, Proposals, and Award Negotiations — Show protocol summaries/personnel/status; pending proposal documents; and award negotiation status||TBD|
|Inventions — Invention disclosure and marketing status||TBD|
|Enhanced Pay Transaction Details — Adds names to each pay transaction; name search; salary distribution by month and year; and details retroactive adjustments||TBD|
|Action List — Display tasks from a rules engine (e.g.: upcoming project end and renewal dates, progress reports, protocol renewals); approval requests from central systems (ex: approve travel reimb.); other TBD by PIs||TBD|
|Training status — Display training assignments and completion status for PI and research group members||TBD|
|Facilities — Provide information for spaces assigned to PIs including some or all of the following: hazards, equipment, who has access, etc.||TBD|
|Delegation — Allow PIs to delegate access to some or all of their data to others||TBD|